8.26.2006

I apologize for the lack of posts lately. Between moving, visiting my parents, and living in the mountains for a week, I haven't had time to really do much. And blogger has been refusing to post my blogs for about a week.

I just spent about week in a cabin in the woods. There were gross bugs everywhere and there was rarely hot running water, but waking up every morning to see the mist rolling over the mountains in the distance, and seeing the sun go down behind those same mountains at night until they disappeared into the darkness was one of the most amazing things I've ever had the opportunity to do.

In the mountains, I listened to a lot of Ratatat (to bring me back to modern existence), The Submarines (because I missed my S.O.), Tortoise (because that's what I do when I need to relax), and Will Oldham (because that's also what I do when I need to feel like I am suspended in a moment).

I also read quite a bit. When I am agitated I read Ferlinghetti's A Coney Island of the Mind, or parts of Fight Club. I've been making my way back through Bukowski's Run With the Hunted anthology, which reads almost like a child's narrative. Overall it was a good trip and helped me unwind and appreciate cell phones, the internet, and electricity a lot more.

More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home