3.23.2009

oh yeah, i almost forgot

i saw ani difranco last night with my dear friend, anne, who had an extra ticket. despite all of the various folk genres that i listen to, the whole 'feminist folk' thing is kind of culturally alien to me. my folk artists tend to be from bloomington or from the 60's. the best part of the show was seeing all the diverse folks who came out to see her, very few of whom were dressed like hipsters, but nearly all of whom danced along to every song with everything they had. i decided that i liked ani a lot better when she was angry and dark than on the more uplifting stuff, but i think i also have some sort of sensory input issue with the kind of haphazard way she composes songs. it was fun, though.

the worst part of the show was the part where i was asked to return to my car and leave my camera there because it wasn't allowed in the building. i don't think it was a variety playhouse thing, but anne informs me that it was unlikely that it was an artist thing either, so who knows.

for what its worth, the opener, toshi reagen, was really really good.

bed time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home