11.29.2006

I watch a lot of movies when I am swamped with work. Procrastination is a great skill of mine, and I do it like a pro.

Here's a rundown of the next few movies I'll probably see between now and next semester:

-Paste gave Richard Linklater's upcoming Fast Food Nation a pretty good review. I'm kind of looking forward to it, even though its a fictional adaptation of the book. Fast Food Nation will star a couple of folks from Little Miss Sunshine, including Greg Kinnear. Submit something to the Threadless contest here. Threadless is really awesome.

-Stranger Than Fiction is apparently "Kaufman-esque." I suppose the premise of the movie sounds like it. I have trouble divorcing Charlie Kaufman from his ever-so-appropriate counterpart, Spike Jonze. We'll see how this faux-Kaufman ends up, unless director Mike Forester (Monsters Ball and Finding Neverland) proves to be a not-so-faux Jonze. Anyone can write whimsey, but not everyone can execute it.

-The Fountain has had mixed reviews, but I want to see it anyway. Not sure how I feel about Aronofsky making what appears to be a scifi film, but it can't be that bad, right? Here's my favorite part from the Paste Magazine review:
“Everyone said no to this fillm at least once, including the studio that made it,” he says. “Every actor, every actress, everyone turned me down. But it’s like my producer said. When everyone tells you no, you must be doing something right.”


-Mathew Barney's Cremaster Cycle . Truthfully, Cremaster (and Barney) sort of frighten me but its been at the top of my list of movies to see by next year for a long time. Aimee Mullins is in Cremaster 3, which is awesome because she gets to wear all of these different leg prosthetics and it looks totally authentic.

Reviews when I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home