2.21.2007

Countdown to veganness



In 8 days, I will probably become what my roommate Caity calls an "American vegan." That means I'll be a vegan as much as I can, when I can, as long as it doesn't significantly detract from my quality of life. We Americans, you see, are all about freedom, even at the expense of certain bovine animals, or people in developing countries. It honestly won't be a big change because I'm a strict vegetarian (no gelatin, no animal rennet cheese if I can help it, etc.). I'm mostly excited about using the cookbooks my S.O. recently gave me:

Vegan With a Vengeance
and...
Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World

I've written about the latter before. I'm actually about to try out 3-4 of the recipes, which will yield roughly 48 cupcakes, if anyone is interested. I'm much more excited about all the great recipes in Vegan with a Vengeance, like BBQ Pomegranate Tofu and Chili sin Carne al Mole and *ahem* "Revolutionary Spanish Omelet wtih Saffron and Roasted Red Pepper-Almond Sauce." Yes, it sounds foofy but anyone who recommends having 5 different kinds of vinegar in one's pantry probably has a sophisticated enough palette to not substitute foof for flavor.

Visit Isa adn watch Post Punk Kitchen at www.theppk.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home