10.22.2007

And the sun-smudged peach moon still hung loose



This is my favorite time of year. It has been about 70 degrees and sunny for a few weeks, the leaves are starting to change colors, I can wear sweaters and corduroy pants and argyle socks, and all of my favorite fruits and veggies are in season. I spent half my day wandering around my favorite farmer's market, admiring squash and quince and all kinds of things I only get to cook with for a few months a year.

The leaves are definitely the best part of the autumn, though. There was this awesome tree in my front yard as a child that had really dark wood and leaves that turned bright yellow. It was probably the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now anyway. The ivy that covers the back of the house is even starting to change colors a little bit. All of the cute houses on my street are starting to put pumpkins outside, and the air is getting cold, and it all just makes me really really happy.

So here are some autumn songs that will hopefully make you happy too:
Islands: Swans (Life After Death)
Yo La Tengo: Autumn Sweater
Teenage Fanclub: Fallen Leaves
Jack Rose: Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home