10.28.2007

It’s just a life story, so there’s no climax

Falling in love makes you feel like the proverbial "love songs on the radio" are all about you. Something must have happened in the last four years, though, because now I feel like I can't get away from breakup songs. Maybe its a genre thing, or maybe I'm just getting here late in the game, but I can't believe I didn't notice it before, all that sadness and heartache. Perhaps because I thought that those things were necessary parts of love.

Currently, I just feel like I'm trapped in a bad tv show script. Watching as much television as I do (for cultural literacy, of course) makes me have these moments when I suddenly realize that the story is not going according to the script. It really is too bad that we wrote the narrative according to what we thought other people would want to see and hear, because now the whole thing is just a disaster. In fact, it is exactly like this:

Okkervil River: Our Life is Not a Movie or Maybe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home