11.14.2007

I've read your horoscope and now I've given up on hope

Insomnia has chosen a bad time to rear its ugly head, though the last few weeks, I have slept better than in a long time due to a mix of long late night conversations and a lot of high stress work during the day. It's something about the light-too many flourescent lights make me forget what time of day it is. Right now, my body is in denial about the changing of the seasons and the dark setting in earlier. Outside my window, I see the slow buildup of traffic and definitely think it is great that I don't have to be at work until noon. Who leaves for work at 4:15 a.m.? Seriously?!?!

When I feel like this, my disconnection from reality grows greater and greater until I have no idea what is going on around me at all. Did the last three weeks really just happen? If I wake up in the morning and it was all a dream, it will not have been a nightmare.

Two songs with really long titles that express the general harumph! that I feel:

Pretty Hot: the monsters under the bed aren't real but the ghost in the kitchen is
The Most Serene Republic: The Protagonist Suddenly Realizes What He Must Do In The Middle Of Downtown Traffic

And it is now 4:26 a.m. and I am going to bed. Hopefully. Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home