11.24.2007

Stage Names demos + other new things

The deluxe editions of The Stage Names come with an extra disc of all of the original acoustic demos. My friend, Blake, was nice enough to send them my way, so here they are, in case you aren't one of the lucky 5,000. These two were the truest to the album's versions. I wasn't so much of a fan of the slowed-down acoustic versions of the faster songs.

Okkervil River: A Hand to Take Hold of the Scene
Okkervil River: A Girl in Port


Just a few housekeeping things:

Hope everyone had a good Unturkey Day and avoided Black Friday like the plague. I am rather enjoying the season, and all of the thermal shirts, new socks, and layers of blankets that accompany it. The trees around my house (which is apparently a cottage, I recently found out) are all kinds of gorgeous red and yellow colors, and even the dullest, cloudiest days seem so full of life. Ironic, for a season that wilts everything away.

I can't believe how fast this year has gone by, and its almost time to start my Best of '07 Lis, which is at once exciting and dreadful. The first half of this year seems so long ago, and my tastes have probably changed quite a bit, as well.

I've changed my RSS/Atom feeds to help me stalk you while you stalk me. Just kidding. But only kind of. So if you haven't added the new one, please do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home