12.04.2006

She's really good at jumping from rock to rock like a mountain goat

I once called Joanna Newsom "my favorite little elven harpist." No matter what you think of her voice, her last album, or any of her albums, you've got to admit that she is totally adorable:



Thanks to Skatterbrain for posting this.

This week I've been listening to Ghost Mice's Europe album, which they wrote about traveling through Europe for 90 days one year. The songs are named after places they visited. I kind of like the idea of albums as travel diaries. Ghost Mice wasn't on tour during their trip, but they did play a few shows, I guess, but other than that the songs are about a lot of random everyday things.

While I'm on the subject, I know I've mentioned Plan-It-X a couple of times, but I'm not sure if I've mentioned my favorite distro ever, No Idea. No Idea is really awesome. They distribute stuff from a lot of bands and small record labels, and you can often get a lot of stuff from them cheaper than elsewhere. Right now, all the CD's and LP's they've produced are only $5. The distro catalog also includes a lot of other great stuff. If you're an Against Me! fan, I've found No Idea to have the cheapest [and most comprehensive catalog] of stuff. T-shirts and related articles of clothing are also super cheap. They also have a lot of rare LP's from bands that I would hope everyone listens to, like Less Than Jake. In case you're wondering, no one is paying me to say any of this. I genuinely love this distro, and so should you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home