1.19.2007

Welcome to hell

I'll be spending my weekend in one of the most depressing cities in the state of Georgia. My trip will involve getting up at 5 a.m. and driving in a big bus with a bunch of other people only to spend my day in a bunch of cold classrooms. Splendid, I know.

To celebrate (or cope, depending on how you think about it), I'll be listening to a lot of Ska-P, Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution, and Streetlight Manifesto.

I'm sure I've written about all of these bands before, but they're probably my favorite third-wave ska bands.

Ska-P: La Estampida.
Ska-P is a pretty political band and this song reflects their Spanish anarchist roots. Other songs on this album decry McDonalds and consumerism.

Streetlight Manifesto: Point-Counterpoint
This song's title is more than appropriate, given what I'll be doing this weekend. It was the first SM I heard, and became the muse of much remixing my freshman year. It generally sounds slow, but it gets awesomely fast at times, making it one of my favorite songs ever to sing along to.

Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution: Here's to Life.
Like Ska-P (and a lot of ska bands, actually), BOTAR had like 15 members. Another Tomas Kalnoky creation, BOTAR acoustically covered this Streetlight Manifesto song. I personally think it sounds ten times better. This song also gives a shout out to Kurt Cobain. See if you can find it.

In other news, Green Day is re-releasing my favorite album of theirs, 1,039 Slapped Out Happy Hours. C'mon, who doesn't love a little "Going to Pasalaqua"? The reissue is called "1,039 Smoothed Out Happy Hours."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it wasnt hell it was funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

pacman !

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home