12.13.2006

Cruelty free living and Post-punk kitchen

Today marks the five year anniversary of the day that I defiantly told some annoying hipster kid that I didn't believe in killing animals and basically forced myself to become a vegetarian.

I don't have time to post anything music-related, but I did want to share this:

Post-punk Kitchen is a vegan cooking show out of Brooklyn. The idea is that those of us who don't eat animals but love food and cooking shouldn't have to watch icky shows on the Food Network all the time.

This year, they published Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, which you can buy on Amazon. There are a couple of blogs associated with PPK, including their Cupcake Blog and Isa's livejournal.

I made the Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lemon Icing for my anniversary and they turned out really really good. Probably the best vegan baked things I've had, besides the infamous Vegan Chocolate Cake that everyone seems to be making these days. My vegan roommate was really excited about the cupcakes, but I think my non-veg roommates have been eating them, too. Try them out. They only took about 30 minutes to make.

Anyways, you can watch PPK on Google Video.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home