6.18.2007

She's truly truly truly outrageous




Jem and the Holograms was probably my favorite childhood cartoon. I mean, seriously, what's better than female rockstars in general, especially ones with magic earrings and hologram alter egos? Jem and the Holograms were awesome. I knew all of their songs and still own a lot of the videos. It didn't occur to me until recently to find out who sang for Jem, though.

Britta Phillips is a pretty lady in a band with a guy named Dean. Together, they are Dean and Britta, and sort of remind me of stuff my parents would have listened to in the 80's. Britta sounds just as Jem-like as before, but much more ethereal and dreamlike. I seriously doubt that they play any old Jem songs on tour, but it would be awesome if they did.

Check out their website and buy an album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home