12.20.2007

You can tell me how you feel even if its going to let me down



I'm still working on my Best of '07 lists, but in the meantime, I thought I'd add something else to my list of reasons to love Michael Cera. In case you're wondering, I *never* get celebrity crushes unless the person is a great artist of some sort (Miranda July, Julie Delpy, Ethan Hawke, etc.) and Michael Cera is no exception. I think we all see a bit of ourselves in his awkwardness, but he makes it seem so much more dignified and less embarrassing. What else is a marker of true artistry if not the distillation of real human moments into easily accessible gestures and expressions?

I wrote about his (and Clarke's) band, The Long Goodbye a few days ago. You probably did not heed my advice and listen to them.

So, behold what would have been my favorite song of this year if it had actually come out this year in some officially released format:

The Long Goodbye: Can I Call You Mine

If this song doesn't make you want to go on a cute date with Michael Cera involving cuddles, hand holding, cocoa puffs eating, and cartoon watching, you do not have a soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home