12.14.2007

Dear Michael Cera, stop being adorable



Michael Cera is probably the funniest person alive under the age of 20. If I ever met him, I'd probably make a fool of myself by pinching his cheeks and making horrifying squealing noises. You probably know him from Arrested Development, which may be the funniest of all canceled TV shows I watch. I seriously lose it every time any of the characters say "George Michael." Michael Cera was also in Superbad and is going to be in Juno, which I have written about several times and cannot wait to see.

I know he's been typecast as that awkward nerdy boy. However, that is my favorite kind of boy, by far, so I was so delighted to watch him in Clark and Michael, in which he plays an exaggerated version of himself. Clark and Michael is about Clark and Michael writing a script for a tv show and trying to get a network to produce it. It plays on some of the other shows in which cameras follow people around during awkward moments (The Office, Stella, etc), but isn't nearly as over the top as a Christopher Guest mockumentary. It is, however, totally adorable in every possible way. There are guest appearances from some familiar folks like Tony Hale (Buster, from Arrested Development). Each episode is about 12ish minutes long. Most definitely watch these if you haven't seen them yet.

In other adorable Michael Cera news, he and Clark have a band, called The Long Goodbye. Spawned by the lo-fi living room indie rock possibilities that people like Kimya Dawson created, they sound so sweet and voice-crackingly adolescent that I can't handle it. Watch a live cover of Weezer's "El Scorcho" here on youtube.

***If you have come here via Buzzfeed, I have written a lot about Michael Cera since this post:

-More about the Long Goodbye
-News about a potential Arrested Development movie
-Juno Review
-Juno Review #2
-Juno Mixtape
-Michael Cera is The Park Bench's Nerd Man of the Month

Thanks for checking in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home