4.11.2007

no disrespect, that's just how i am




Ratatat's openers were terrible, but they were amazing. First of all, I've never seen so many old people rocking out or rocking so hard. There was this dude with a receding hairline in a sweater vest who probably danced more than I did.

Secondly, Ratatat wins the award for keeping the bass low enough not to give me a heart attack. Seriously, who wants to feel like the building will break apart at any second?

They're kind of a weird band to see live, given the lack of vocals and all but they mixed it up A LOT, with all kinds of new chords, differently tuned instruments, etc. It definitely kept me on my toes. I've listened to Ratatat enough to notice slight variations, pauses, etc. and there were a lot of them. It was like listening to a whole new band. The set was short, but I kind of expected that. There almost wasn't an encore because everyone was so dazed at the sheer glory of what had just happened that they almost forgot to cheer. Everyone just sort of sadly looked around at each other, wondering where the music went.

In other news: the new Bright Eyes album Cassadega has really awesome album art (hint: it comes with a viewfinder). My computer is being grumpy but when it decides to let me listen to CDs I'll write more about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home